What is the English Tutoring Program?
The English Tutoring Program (ETP) provides one-on-one English tutoring to vulnerable newcomers who are unable to attend English classes for reasons such as:
- Disability or chronic illness
- Caring for elderly family members
- Lack of access to childcare
- Other health/social challenges
What is the volunteering like?
Cultural Connectors work one on one with newcomer students to help them develop basic English communication skills. Using a variety of resources, including our online educational resources, Cultural Connectors will help newcomers develop conversational English that will enable them to better navigate at the supermarket, bank, doctor appointments, etc.
We ask you to commit to 2 hours a week for 16 weeks.
What are the benefits of joining SCF’s volunteer team?
- Mentorship (our corporate partners will provide mentorship in the areas of investment banking, IT, and project management)
- Letter of reference
- Gift certificates and tickets to events (sponsored by corporate partners)
- Volunteer appreciation events
- Invitation to all SCF events