Share this post:
Inspired by the government commitment to resettle Syrian refugees in Canada, the Syrian Canadian Foundation (SCF) was founded in January 2016 and aims to empower newcomers and people of diverse backgrounds while promoting cross-cultural exchanges within Canadian society. We engage with partners and volunteers to build welcoming communities and culturally customized services for Syrian newcomers and other diverse communities.
The Administrative Assistant will work directly with our Executive Director. If you love organizational tools and thrive on making lists and organizing files, you might be right for this job. Some of the vital skills for this position include: professional communication skills, detail oriented, and highly responsible. Experience with Google Drive, Excel, and Mailchimp are an asset. Previous experience in an administrative role is preferred.
- Written communication skills
- Time Management
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly responsible
- Tech savvy
- Managing documents, and SCF drive
- Charity related administrative tasks
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Maintain contact lists and donors list
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Research and creates presentations
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, etc.
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Experience with data entry and CRM tools
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- College/University student or graduate
- Ability to take initiative, be resourceful and follow instructions when needed
- Access to a vehicle
- Work may require flexibility in hours
- Must be a youth (under 30 years-old)
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (international students are not eligible)
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume through SCF form.